Saturday 16 July 2011

Firelands Normal Cleared



Well it's been 2 weeks and we have cleared all of Firelands normal mode content and in my opinion we could have cleared it a lot faster. I haven't posted in a bit because I've been very busy grinding my face off on Ragnaros. Well we killed him last night and he surprisingly isn't that hard if you have a good group with raid awareness.
Here are my thoughts on  the bosses we've downed since Ryolith.

Baleroc: We cleared this on 10 man before 25 but it's generally the same concept and requires very high coordination and communication amongst all your raiders. Basically imagine it as a lineup to use the bathroom and you have a strat for this shitty boss. Basically one person stands next to a crystal that spawns calls out the next person and they switch and you repeat that till he's dead. Healers have their own round robin strat that involves healing the sharded people (not SHARTED) to gain a buff and then switch to the tanks when a new crystal spawns. Tanks have their own switching thing to deal with as well.

Alysrazor: I think this boss is kind of fun although quite long and repetitive. Basically from my POV as an Unholy DK I would do the following:

Whole raid stacks up against the front wall close to the boss because there's a safe spot that will stop you from getting knocked back. I AMS the fire damage to get RP, blow CDS on the bird and follow behind it picking up 2 feathers for a speed buff. After that I DPS an add on one half of the room, avoid his brush fire and interrupt his fire cast. He dies and i go to the other side of the room and do the same to another add. This repeats twice for a total of 4 adds although there's kind of a lull between the 2nd and 3rd add where I pick up a third feather and fly up DPSing Alysrazor while getting the ring buffs before coming down and killing adds. Any other time where my add is dead, I'm running to the next or whatever free time I have, I DPS the Tank's Hatchling.

Phase 2 I finish off the Hatchling, start running counterclockwise down the "center track" and when Tornados spawn I hit AMS just in case I get clipped by a spawn. Then I pretty much chase down a tornado, run through hoops and when a tornado is about to catch me I switch to a different lane, turn around and chase one of the tornados going the other direction. Lots of people have trouble here but it's pretty easy as long as your chasing a tornado and not running straight into one. Finally I pop CDS, DPS Alysrazor as much as possible, drop my Anti-Magic Zone on the raid until he takes off and phase one repeats. Easy but fun fight.

Majordomo Staghelm: Once again another easy fight, pretty much a tank n spank fight for melee. The key to this fight is pushing Staghelm's adrenaline stacks as far as your specific raid can handle. There's no key number here, we can handle 10 stacks of his scorpion form although I'm sure other guilds cant.

Scorpion Form: Melee stacks up in front of the boss to soak damage and runs out when you wanna switch him to cat. That's the gist of it. A good tip for melee is you can DPS his arm and not get parries while still being enough in front of him to soak the damage. If you get molten seeds, just run out of the raid when you have 5secs left on your debuff.

Cat form:: DPS boss, DPS cats, Burning orbs not really your problem.

Stay posted cause I'll be writing about my Ragnaros experience next.

No comments:

Post a Comment